Breaking News

Valuable Tips for CSS by CSP Adnan Gul | PSCpedia

Valuable Tips for Central Superior Services (CSS)

By: CSP Adnan Gul (CSS-2017)



First of all thanks to Almighty Allah for all the blessings showered upon me. I am allocated to prestigious Foreign Services of Pakistan by qualifying CSS 2017 at a very young age. 

I owe my success to my parents, relatives, teachers and all friends who have extended their support whenever I needed them. 

Many friends have been asking regarding what strategy I followed during my CSS preparation. I have tried to reply everyone but it is not possible for me to reply everyone in a detailed way. Therefore, I am hereby sharing my strategy, optional subjects, and books that I followed so that it may help young and energetic CSS aspirants. 

I belong to Shahdadkot and got my education till intermediate from my hometown. I am graduate of 13 Mechanical Batch from Mehran University of Engineering and Technology Jamshoro. I have also served as an inspector in ASF for almost one year.


Optional Subjects:
1. International Relations
2. Physics
3. International Law
4. Sindhi


Books that I followed for my preparation:
First of all, develop a habit of reading dawn and JWT’s monthly magazine. These will help you in many subjects such as Essay, Pakistan Affairs, Current Affairs, and some optional subjects.


English Essay + English Precis and Composition
1. Wren and Martin’s Grammar book
2. Practical English Grammar by Thomson and Martinet
3. Exploring the world of English by Syed Saadat Ali Shah
4. Reflective Essays by Manzoor Mirza
5. Practical English Usage by Michael Swan (for reference purpose)
6. GRE’s Vocab list (synonyms + antonyms)


Pakistan Affairs
1. The Making of Pakistan by K.K Aziz ( A must read for aspirant as its expression is very good)
2. Struggle for Pakistan by I.H Qureshi
3. Any book for post-partition (I don’t know any. I relied on internet + dawn + JWT magazine)


Current Affairs
1. International Affairs by Safdar Mehmood
2. Daily Dawn
3. Jahangir world Times Monthly Magazine


Islamiat
1. Islam; its meaning and message by Khursheed Ahmed (The best book of Islamiat)
2. Introduction to Islam by Dr. Hamidullah
3. Internet for all leftover topics of syllabus


General Science and Abilities
1. GSA book by Mian Shafiq


International Relations 

1. Globalization of World Politics by John Bayliss
2. International Relations by Joshua Goldstein
3. www. Internationalrelations.org
4. Internet for all leftover topics of syllabus


Physics
1. Halliday and Resnick’s book
2. Modern Physics by Serway
3. Made my own notes (available in the hard form, not soft form)


International Law
1. International Law by S.K Kapoor
2. International Law by Aggarwal (any one book is enough)

Sindhi
1. Sindhi Adab Jee Tarikh Jo Jadeed Mutalio by Mukhtiar Mallah


Courtesy: Sohail Abbasi

ALSO READ: How to Tackle Synonyms and Antonyms?

No comments